We are currently full for the 2022-2023 school year!
Our program is currently capped at six children per day.
For the 2023-2024 school year, returning families who are still age-eligible will be given priority in re-enrollment.
There will be a number of full- and/or part-time spaces opening as children age out in the coming school year.
In order to accommodate a variety of families' needs,
we offer two rounds of admissions (please choose just one):
Round 1: Deadline February 15th, 2022
Round 2: Deadline April 15th, 2022
We are offering a choice of virtual or in-person interviews.*
*Applications submitted after April 10th may need to be virtual interviews
A tour may be requested during the interview if desired.
Please click to get a feel for our space and day.
We offer some of the spots during the February round of admissions, and save some for the April round of admisisons.
In an effort to counter systemic inequities in access to quality outdoor, play-based, early childhood education,
priority for new children will be given to families who reflect the diversity of our global world
and to full-day, full-time families (or families whose schedules fit with the available program spaces if no full-time spaces remain).
After these priorities are honored, we will offer a lottery for any remaining spaces.
If you are interested in applying for the following school year,
applications for the 2023-2024 school year will due in February 2023 and April 2023.
In order to protect the health of our our families and community, all eligible household members
will be required to provide proof of completed COVID vaccinations by the start date of early September, 2022.
The Maple Hill Play Garden generally accepts children who are 15 months old - 2.9 years old as of August of the current school year.
Example: a child enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year must be of an age between 15 months and 2 years 10 months as of August 30, 2022.
1. Browse the website for a virtual tour and to get a feel for the program.
2. Fill out and submit an application:
- Applications may be submitted electronically to: NourishingChildhood@gmail.com (if accessibility is an challenge
with the electronic application, please email to inquire about other options).
- Please write: "Maple Hill Application" in the subject heading.
- Please note if application fee has been submitted or is pending.
3. Submit the $35 application fee (reduced to $10 if applying for a spot with financial aid) here:
(As a small business, this cost is to honor the value of our time during the interview process.)
- Please write your child's name in the "Comments/Memo" section (so we can link your payment to your application)
4. We will schedule a 30-45-minute virtual or in-person family interview - generally within 2-3 weeks of receiving the application. This is a chance for us to get to know a bit about each other, and to ask any additional questions you may have.
If you are doing an in-person interview, you may be asked to wear a mask indoors and/or for proof of COVID vaccination.
5. We will offer spaces based on the aforementioned criteria, and hold a lottery for any remaining spaces. We will let you know within 2-3 weeks of your interview if we are able to offer your child a space!
Applications for the following school year are due by February 15th and April 15th. After these dates, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for any remaining available spaces and/or to be added to the waitlist. Application fees are non-refundable.
- The amount of financial aid available in a given year depends upon the enrollment numbers of full-paying families. Therefore, we may not know how much financial aid is available to offer until enrollment capacity has been determined.
The signed contract - along with the non-refundable Supply Fee - must be returned within two weeks of acceptance in order to hold your place.
Tuition payments are divided equally over the course of 12 months - beginning on June 1st and ending on May 1st of the following year.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept childcare vouchers at this time.